Saturday, February 13, 2010

new record

ok we are getting closer to the next record... all the mixes are done... we have a couple of very cool guest artistes, we are pushing for a 15-16 track record... there are three, maybe four cover songs... theres one track in French and Two in Spanish... as for the English language remaining tracks most of the lyrics are by Debbie... i must say i am knocked out by the lyrics alone... i think that this record will help people understand that one can write rock lyrics that go further into the realm of poetry and literature, that just dont make simple statements... i think all the blondie records are different and have their own character... this one has been in the works for over a year and the long period since the last record has certainly pushed it into its own space... yes it sounds like blondie no question... yes its a rock record... yes there are a bunch of different styles explored... beyond that i dont have more right now... i am close to saying its a little on the dark side but that may just be my own interpretation... so far we have only played things for very few people... when people hear it then we will get more of a consensus on what they think it is... we will release more details in a while the release is supposed to be in the spring... i will let you know

11 comments:

Ian Russell said...

Not as dark as your font I would wager. Sounds wonderful without even hearing it. Thanks for the update - eagerly await more news.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the new album!
Blondie roooooooocks my world,
I can't explain how much I love you!!
your music really cheers me up and means a lot to me.
you changed my life, (:
thanks for making GOOD music ♥

this alien said...

thanks for posting news...i'm so eager to hear the new album.

Michaela said...

Thanks for keeping us all updated.
So looking forward to hearing the new material. A little on the dark side sounds right up my street ;)

Daniel Morrical said...

I devoured every word of your post. I can't wait to hear more and so excited to know it has perhaps more of a rock edge to it! Thanks Chris for updating us! And thank you for keeping Blondie a working band and giving us something new and the live shows...it's really fantastic. I was born in 77 so I discovered Blondie from my dad and I knew immediately this would always be my favorite band. What a wonderful thing to be able to actively enjoy Blondie in real time as an adult. Very grateful.

iannis said...

In Just Spring! It's wonderful to have something so precious to wait for...

Maily said...

Thanks for all these great news! I can't even wait!I'm sure this is gonna be a huge success.I hope this year you guys can finally come to Brazil, we've been wainting for you for sooo long!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My Mom says "Merci!" for another French track - meanwhile, my friends covered "Call Me" in Serbian, thanks to my quickie translation - can't do 'em all, eh? Looking forward, Nap

BrunO said...

Wow! I can't wait! Brazil wants Blondie \o

Unknown said...

Wow i can't wait. Blondie is amazinggg and i'm sure the new album is going to be too. ♥ you guys :D